- PLAINS TWP. POLICE DEPT.CONDUCT CYBER-CRIME PRESENTATION TO LAW ENFORCEMENT CLASSES Click the slide for the full story and pictures!
- WBACTC Law Enforcement Students Participate in U.S. Marine Corps. Mock Combat Fitness Test Click the slide for full story and pictures!
- CTC Culinary Arts I Holds Its Own Cupcake Wars Click the slide for the full story and pictures!
- WBACTC Takes Home a Bronze Medal at the State Skills USA Conference Click the slide for the story, pictures, and video link!
- Wilkes-Barre Area Career and Technical Center Honors Late Director Mr. Pete Halesey Wilkes-Barre Area Career and Technical Center honored the school's late director, Mr. Pete Halesey, by placing a framed picture of Mr. Halesey in the lobby of the school outside of the front office. Mr. Halesey was the director at WBACTC from 2007-to-2015. He passed away in January of this year. Members of the Wilkes-Barre Area Career and Technical Center staff along with board members and some of Mr. Halesey's family were on hand for the dedication. CLICK THE SLIDE FOR ADDITIONAL PICTURES FROM THE DEDICATION!
- Ornamental Horticulture & Culinary Arts Receive Grant WBACTC Horticulture and Culinary Arts Departments received a $5,000 grant through the National Farm to School Network. As part of this grant, the Horticulture program is hydroponically growing vegetables in the school greenhouses. Upon the harvest of these vegetables, the Culinary Arts program uses them within various recipes to be served in the CTC Culinary Dining Room. This grants purpose is to make an effort in connecting students to fresh, healthy food and nutrition education.
- COSMETOLOGY I STUDENT TEAMS UP WITH THE SAPPHIRE SALON TO HELP ELIMINATE CHILDHOOD POVERTY Jordan Daley, a senior in Ms. Karen Maguire's Cosmentology class, will hold a children's haircutting event entitled "Cutting Childhhod Poverty" on Sunday, April 10, from 11am to 4pm at The Sapphire's "Castle" location on Main Street in Pittston. Proceeds from her cut-a-thon event will benefit United Way of Wyoming Valley. Click the Picture above for the full story featured in the Citizens' Voice.
The Letter To Parents Concerning Awards Night 2016
Click the icon below of the format you wish to view the letter:
MS Word (.docx). . . . adobe (.pdf)
Important Upcoming Dates
May 30, 2016 - Memorial Day, School Closed
..:: Public Notice of Non-Discrimination ::..
The Wilkes Barre Area Career and Technical Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its program or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated Youth Groups. For information on services, activities and/or accessibility, contact: Support Programs Coordinator Title IX and Section 504 Coordinator, (570)822-4131, Wilkes Barre Area Career and Technical Center, 350 Jumper Road, Wilkes-Barre, Pa. 18705-0699.
School Website: www.wbactc.org
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)